Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat!!

Happy Halloween!! We had so much fun last night!! Especially Payson! We took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa Lethbridge's so that they could trick-or-treat with Aunt Madie and Aunt Maren and their friends.





It was so great! Grandpa hooked the trailer up to his 4-wheeler, put a blanket in the back, and pulled us all around the neighborhood. The kids would hit a few houses and then hop back on for a ride to the next street. They loved it!! Jack and I just hung out and watched the fun, nice and cozy! And Payson came back with more candy than any 2-1/2 year old needs. Plenty to share with Mom and Dad!


Then after trick-or-treating, we went back to Grandma's for traditional taco soup with homemade salsa and chips and Hershey kiss cookies. So good after a cold night out with the kids!



Payson was Little Red Riding Hood. Thanks to Grandma for letting us borrow the hood!! I thought she was the absolute cutest! But of course I do. She does take after me. ;0) She dressed up for her Kindermusik and other Kids on the Move classes earlier in the week and every morning she would ask for "cheeks" because Mommy let her really wear the makeup instead of just pretending to put it on. This morning she actually found my eyeliner and tried to draw on her own freckles. That was fun to scrub off!!




I got all crafty this year and made Jack's costume. Well, I sewed the hat and ears and cut out the tail, anyway. So they aren't too pretty but I don't care!! I felt like Martha Stewart! Isn't he the cutest Wolf in Granny's clothing ever?!?!?! He was so happy all night! He's such a perfect baby, I swear.




Jason and I carved out pumpkins, called "punkets" by Payson, with the kids Tuesday night. We thought they turned out fairly impressive! I did the ghost in the cemetery, Jason did the headless horseman. Payson would sing "Happy Birthday" to the "punkets" every time we lit the candles in them. She's so funny.


Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! Now it's on to Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

uh, can we just agree upon the fact that you have some of THEE CUTEST KIDS ever!