Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Guess what time it is!!

TAX SEASON!!

I know, January isn't even through yet, but we already have all our forms, so I'm done! I've filed! Yay! Now I don't have to worry about it over the next couple of months.

We tried filing online last year with Taxact. It was a little confusing at first and I was super nervous about screwing it up, but it ended up being pretty easy! Every time I made a mistake it would let me know and I'd correct it and resubmit. AND it was FREE. Federal returns are completely free. And there's no state tax in Wyoming so we didn't have to bother with that. I paid nothing to file and got plenty of money back. :) I like that!

So now I've filed electronically and just get to wait for my e-mail confirming that I didn't make any mistakes and that our return was accepted. And in a few days I'll have plenty of extra cash to play around with!! Yay!!

(And just in case you're wondering, that money will go towards a new leather sectional. I can't wait!!)

1 comment:

Trish Griffee said...

Way to go! I always do ours through turbo-tax but we are self employed so ours are a little tricky. But I haven't even gotten Michael's 1099 yet:(