Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lose It!

Thanks for all of your thoughts on the exercise thing. I was actually really relieved to hear that I should NOT sacrifice sleep. I wondered if I was just being a wuss. But it really feels like giving up even an extra 30 minutes of sleep is just too much. So I'm going to try some of the other ideas you've given me and see how I do! At the very least I can get out and go for a walk most days. I just need to make that happen.

In other news, I read about a new website on this blog and decided to try it. Turns out, I love it! I've been using it for 2 whole days now and I'm hooked! Lose It! is free and it totals up your calorie intake for the day. I like that it lets me know how many I have consumed and how much I have left to make planning future meals a little easier. And I really like the fact that you add friends and can see each other's meals and calories and goals, etc. It's a great way for friends to keep each other motivated and get ideas on workouts and foods that your peers are eating and doing that are working for them. Also, there's an app. I love apps. But I especially love this one so if I'm out and about I can enter in what I've eaten before I forget! Awesome.

So if anyone else is working on losing some poundage, join and add me! mckennaralls at hotmail dot com. Because right now, I have one friend. And that's just sad. And I need the motivation. Really!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have started doing myfitnesspal.com to help me keep on track with my calories during p90x and I love it. The phone app has an actual scanner where I can scan barcodes on packages and it puts it in my phone automatically. Freaking awesome. So a way to keep track like that is awesome. And I totally make better food choices with it. I think "I have 500 calories left. No way, I dont want to waste it on ice cream! I want real food!" that's a great way to do it. (I'm assuming the app you use is similar). Worry about hard core working out later and just get in what you can now. Focus on eating well. :)

Nicole said...

I use LiveStrong.com I really like it because it tracks more than calories. Like Sugar, cholesterol, Sodium, Carbs, Fiber, Protein, Fat content - The downside is there is not a way to have the friend aspect. You can also check out this blog: http://pojofitness.blogspot.com/ She gives a lot of fitness advice and for like $10 or so give you a customized workout made just for you. You tell her what you want to work out, where and what equipment you have. I think it was really worth it. Just some advice for what has helped me. :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad you linked to this website. I really like having that extra accountability. It keeps me on track.