Friday, July 15, 2011

One More Week

One week until my due date. Weird feeling. We have been talking about inducing at this point from the beginning, mainly because of Jason's work schedule. But at my appointment yesterday I just couldn't bring myself to commit to it. My goal is a completely natural delivery and inducing is fairly likely to detract from that. So we decided to wait.

I am dilated 3 cm and 75% effaced so we're hoping something happens this weekend. Induction is now scheduled for Tuesday. If I haven't gone into labor on my own they will strip my membranes (that sounds so gross) on Monday morning to see if that starts things, and then if it doesn't we'll go through with the induction Tuesday morning.

At least that's the plan for now. I can always back out. This induction is elective at this point, not medically necessary, and as things get closer I keep wondering why I cared so much to be induced in the first place. Sure I'm anxious to be done with all of the discomforts of pregnancy and all of this waiting and I am SO ready to hold this baby and meet the little guy or girl who has been mangling my insides for the last few weeks. But at the same time, I really want to let things happen on their own time. I'm sure baby will know when it's ready. I trust that. So for now I'm content to keep waiting. Even though I really am miserable. (Have I mentioned that I don't love being pregnant??? Totally worth the baby in the end, but ACK! I hate it!)

Anyway, so we continue to play the waiting game. Here's to hoping we meet our newest family member SOON!!!

3 comments:

Josh and Tiff said...

ahhhh sooooo exciting!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see his/her sweet little face! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I seriously wait to see updates from you almost every day!! I can't for Baby Ralls to get here! Are you in UT already? We need to get together!!!

PS: with Ian, they stripped my membranes and I spent the entire day walking my butt off and he came early the next morning, if that helps.

Trish Griffee said...

So excited for you!!! I would have liked to let our last little guy come naturally but we felt so strongly that he needed to be born c-section and for good reason after we went in. Now I will never again get to have a baby come all on it's own:( I'm proud of you for following what ever you feel is best for that baby!