Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This is what my cell phone wallpaper looks like:

Those bright blue eyes with the deep creases and that big gummy smile always melt my heart! There are about a million reasons that I love that face (and the faces of his older brother and sister), but there is one main reason. This:


The fact that my baby boy looks just like his daddy. The fact that my babies are his babies. The fact that I am his. The fact that I get to spend eternity with that face. :)

I am so in love with my husband. I still ache for him when he's gone and get butterflies in my stomach when he comes home. I was so in love with him when we started dating almost 8 years ago. I remember thinking there was no way I could love him any more. But I do. I love him so, so much more!

When we were dating I remember "heart attack"-ing his Rodeo while he was at work one day. I had cut out a whole bunch of little hearts and written something I loved about him on each one. There were a LOT of hearts. :) But I was thinking about those hearts last night and about how many more I could add now! Maybe one of these days I'll add those new hearts to his journal (because that's where he taped all the hearts from when we were dating). :)

During our life together over the last several years he has given me countless reasons to love him. He is not a perfect man. He is not a perfect husband or father. But he spends every day trying to be better. He puts my and the kids' needs above his own way more often than not. He lives to make me happy.

Even with all of his imperfections, I feel like he gives me plenty to live up to as a spouse and partner. I hope I make him as happy as he makes me. Because he deserves it!

I'm so glad my Father in Heaven allowed my life to follow a path that led me to him. I love Jason more than I ever thought it was possible to love. He's such an incredible man and I'm so lucky to be his!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always said your kids were just the cutest things ever, but can I just tell you, that picture magnifies the essence of his Jason-ness :)

LOVE IT!

And that heart-attack story is so stinkin' cute!

Trish Griffee said...

Just beautiful!