Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Grandparent's Day??

Yesterday we were running some errands and I had the following conversation with Payson:

P: Mom, when is Granparent's Day?
M: I have no idea. Why?
P: (she says this very seriously and excitedly) Because if the Grandpa sees his shadow, then there are 4 more days of winter!
M: (laughing HARD) I think you mean Groundhog's Day. :) If he comes out and sees his shadow there are 6 more weeks of winter. And it's tomorrow.

Luckily, Payson has a good sense of humor and laughed at herself. And then we called my mom to share. I got a text from my mom this morning:

"Grandpa saw his shadow!"

We all laughed pretty hard. :) I love my sweet Payson.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Haha! That is awesome! Now you'll have to call your dad every year to see if "the grandpa saw his shadow."

Hilary said...

Love it!

Jill said...

Out of the mouths of babes.... Love it! FYI, Grandparent's day is September 9th this year. :)

Laura said...

I'm not sure which I love more, the conversation with Payson or the fact that your mom called you the next day to say your dad had seen his shadow!! hahahaha!!!!!