Saturday, April 19, 2008

Beware! Mushiness to follow!

Jason left this morning for Baltimore. He's driving out with our car full of our junk and the dog. The kids and I will fly out Tuesday morning and meet him. But that's a long time away and I MISS MY HUSBAND! He really is my best friend in the whole world and I hate not having him around. I don't sleep as well without him. I feel like just curling up in my jammies and waiting for Tuesday to roll around so I can kiss him!

When we were dating (which was long distance) I would make him stay on the phone with me at night and I'd eventually fall asleep. Once he knew I was out he'd hang up. But it was always a weird comfort to me to have him close, or at least have his voice close, so that I could sleep better. I warned him to expect that the next few nights. I'll be dozing off to the sound of him breathing in the phone.

Ah, well. Enough of the mushiness. I'll see him in just a few days, right? Man, it's going to be a LONG few days!! I love you, Jas! See you in Baltimore!!

8 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

dude, I love the "chipmunk" song, haven't heard it in some time, sorry to hear it applies to you right now.

Aubree said...

Hang in there... I feel the same way when Mike's not home. And that story sounds all too familiar in a few months!!

Jason & Kelli West said...

You are funny... but I would feel the sme way. I hate being away from my Jason (our husbands have the same name-they must really be awesome!)While we were dating he went up to SLC to work for a couple of days and stayed at his brothers place... I was very sad. So I hope the days past fast for you just so you can see him sooner.

Kathlen said...

I am exactly the same way with Jon. Jon and I have teddy bears, I know that sounds weird. BUT when Jon goes out of town, he sprays his cologne on his bear and I snuggle with jon-bear until he gets back. Sounds weird I know but it works every time, I sleep very well.

Breeann said...

I must have missed something, are you moving to Baltimore?? I feel for you, I hate it when my hubby leaves! I usually bring McKinley in to cuddle with me at night so I don't feel so lonely. Hang in there you will be with him soon. I know what you mean about falling asleep on the phone, TJ and I did that constantly when we were dating. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It can only get better, right? You guys are just too cute.

Lynette said...

AWWWW! I'm sorry! I know how you fee... when Jared took off for his externship last year in Jackson for a few weeks. That drove me crazy! I think it's so awesome that you fall asleep with him on the phone...so cute! Well, since I don't get to talk to you much anymore online, I'll answer a few of your questions on here :) So, the plan is that hopefully I will be "ready" enough for the doctor to induce me and get me rolling while Jared is here and then we'll drive down to Caly as soon as they let me out of the hospital. Won't that be fun! So hopefully that works out. It's going to be a crazy few weeks coming up! The kitties we are planning to give away while we're here. I don't think that we'll be able to give them away in Caly. Jared's mom says that people just drop kittens and cats all the time on their street and drive off. Nobody seems to want them down there I guess. Let me know how your trip goes! I can't wait to see pictures posted on your blog!

Jobi Niu said...

Awww! How sweet are you and Jason?? NOt Mushy at all.. I LOVE IT! YOu guys love each other so much! Isn't it great we get to be with our hubby's for Eternity?? I'm gonna miss you! I don't think I'm gonna be able to see you before we go, cause Jett's still sick and still contagious :( KEEP IN TOUCH though. text me, call me, blog me.. ha ha ha Love ya girl!