Monday, October 13, 2008

This had better be the last time!!

(I know this is a HIDEOUS picture, but it's all I could find of the two of us that I haven't already posted. Apparently we don't take many pictures together).

So Jason had an entire week off of work!! Seven whole days!! We spent the first two in Wyoming with him, looking for a place to live. Then he spent the rest of the week here with us!!

(Jason helping Payson make a little beaded bracelet at the Cox Family Reunion this past summer).

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to have him here with us!! We didn't do much of anything. We played and did normal things, like take Payson to and from school and ran errands.

(Jas with the kids at the Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C.).

On Sunday, we got to go to church with our Daddy! That was SO NICE!! He asked to take Jack to priesthood, so I actually got to listen in Relief Society! That was wonderful! And then I had an extra set of arms in sacrament meeting. We didn't have to take anyone out in the halls! NOT EVEN ONCE!!

(Jack and Daddy swimming in Grandma and Grandpa L's backyard. Those are two HANDSOME boys!!)

And then tonight, Jason had to leave again. :( Back to Wyoming for the last time. I should be overjoyed that after this last stint, we're all moving, so I'll see my husband every night! And I am! But this last time is for over a month. He won't be off work until the week of Thanksgiving. So this is going to be HARD.

I spent this afternoon on my bed in tears in his arms. And then I cried most of the lonely drive home, after dropping him off with his carpool. And I'm crying again now thinking about going to bed in a bit alone. I hate that.

But women have gone through much worse and as stated in conference, I can do hard things! So there will be MUCH to be thankful for come Thanksgiving!! Aside from the gospel, my family, our health, etc. I will merely be glad that I get to fall asleep next to the best man in the world every night for the foreseeable future!! :)

P.S. Jason took me to see GhostTown with Ricky Gervais while he was here and I spent most of the movie in tears, laughing hysterically!! SO FUNNY!! Go see it NOW!!

16 comments:

Sue said...

Oh McKenna, over a month! You are so strong and wonderful. I would be crying too!

Jobi Niu said...

K.. Why do I get choked up reading this post?? I would DIE! I'm gonna be SOOO SAD when you move! We need to hang out a TRILLION times before you move. Text me or call me if you're ever feelin lonely. The time will fly girl.. and before you know it.. you'll all be together again! Love you guys!

The Brandt Clan Fam! said...

We missed seeing Jason! Sad day! I'm glad that he was able to spend a good week before heading off. Call whenever you want to play!

Jason & Kelli West said...

McKenna, you are so strong. I would be balling my eyes out too! I'm sorry that it will be a whole month until you see him again. That is no fun! Your awesome, and if you get lonely give me a call and we can hang out!! love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it has to be so long but you are a strong person. PS-I was totally crying when I read your post, way to put your heart into things :)
Cute pictures!
At least the end is in sight.

Lynette said...

Ohhhh you poor thing! I truly feel for you-since I had to do the same thing before I had Brooklyn. NO FUN. I will keep you company when I can though!!

Emily said...

i love when you post about how much you appreciate your hubby. it always makes me remember to not take mine for granted.

Andrew and Charonne- said...

you are one tough lady! This experience will be good to draw upon though in the future. I have never been away from my husband for a month, but for almost a week (and i waited 2 years for him with no dates when he was on his mission) and now when im annoyed or upset at him i just remember how bad it sucked to not be with him and it makes those small things i get bugged at go away. Maybe it wont work the same for you though, maybe you two dont argue.....i guess im just not making sense, i just know it makes made me appreciate him more

Burgon Fam said...

Its nice to know im not the only woman in the world going through this. I just love you! hang in there! Jesse has a 3 week hitch this time for the first time, and we have a week left...for the most part its been pretty quick but We both lost it the night before he left. there is light at the end of your little tunnel there so hang in there sister! Also...If you get board or need help...Lets for reals get together -k-! im serious call me if you need anything!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

im really considering burning The Office and sending to you. Now that youve had a taste of Ricky, I want you to see more! Should I?

Trish Griffee said...

I can't even imagine going that long with out my hubby! I go crazy with just 2 days! We need to get together again before you head out.

Breeann said...

I am glad you got to spend time with him, being apart sucks! My thoughts and prayers are with you over the next month. I cant almost deal with being away from the hubby but being a single mom is soooo hard. Let me know if you need anything!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

ok, I am burning season one as we speak (the UK office's seasons are only 6 episodes) sad, I know, but they're so funny....I will probably get time to send it out on Saturday, so wait for it some time after that!

XO said...

Hang in there! I think it's the worst for the one "left behind." Joel's always been the one left at home (granted we didn't have kids at the time) when I would do military training (once for a month, and a couple other times for a few weeks). I'm going to hate it when he's on deployments and gone for 6 months - 2 YEARS at a time. Ugh.

Paityn Ann said...

I will get some house photots on here soon. Hopefully this weekend:)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to have a whole WEEK with your hub!! I can't imagine how hard and lonely it must be to have him gone so much, and I'm so glad you're on the last stretch!! Having husbands around is so wonderful!