Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thanks!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and advice. Really, I pretty much made up my mind just typing out that post on becoming vegetarian or not. But the comments you left pushed me right over the edge. I just went for. I typed that all up on Monday. I coincidentally hadn't eaten any meat that day and haven't since. And after one week of being vegetarian again, I can tell you I don't plan on going back. Not only have I felt a MILLION times better, but I've lost 6 1/2 pounds. In a week! And I've eaten out! I've eaten treats! I even had pizza two nights in a row! Ha ha ha! I've really just eaten normal healthy meals and made smart choices and the pounds have melted right off. Now I just need to add in some exercise and I'll be burning through the pounds like crazy!!

Realistically, I know my weight loss slows down to a normal rate of 1-2 pounds per week after the first week or two, but it still feels good to see that initial big drop. And it feels good to know that this is my life this time. I'm not just trying this out to see if I can do it. I'm making a real choice to live this way forever. Which makes this so much easier than a stupid old diet. And I'm going to have to start blogging more of my vegetarian recipes since so many people have asked me for them. And if any of you come across any good ones, be sure to share!!

No comments: