Saturday, October 1, 2011

Today Makes Me Happy :)

It's October 1st, my parents' 29th anniversary. I'm so grateful to them for working so hard to show me what a good marriage is. They have provided me with a feeling of safety and peace and showed me a wonderful example of how an imperfect, but awesome marriage works. I just love them!!


It's also the month for Halloween and Fall festivities and corn mazes and pumpkin patches and the beginning of a season full of traditions and family get togethers! I LOVE this time of year!!

(I couldn't find my pictures from Halloween last year, so these are the year before. First up, our Scooby-Doo jack-o-lantern. Then my cute kiddos in their Halloween costumes, Dorothy and the Scarecrow! And last, me and my cute babies on a tractor ride at Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. We have gone every year since Payson was about 1 1/2. Can't wait to go this year!!)

Last night we took the kids to the Build-A-Bear store, the out to dinner, and finally to see the Lion King in 3D. It was such a fun night as a family!! And the kids really had a blast! Unfortunately, Jack has found an interest in my camera lately so when I pulled it out to document the night the batteries were dead. :( But during all that fun I ate out at California Pizza Kitchen AND ate a candy bar at the movie. LUCKILY, I was smart and checked out nutritional information first. And because of loseit.com I knew how many calories I should stick to for the day. I planned wisely,came in under my calorie budget, and when I woke up and weighed myself this morning I had lost another pound! Woot woot!! Of course, that only added to my happiness today.

And last, today is General Conference. I can't wait to listen to the words our prophet and apostles and leaders have prepared for us. I can't wait to feel the spirit so strongly in my home. I can't wait to listen to the beautiful music. And let's be honest, I can't wait to lounge around in my pajamas all weekend with my family!! :)


So today is just a great day. Now I'm off to make whole wheat (nutritious AND delicious because they're from Lehi Roller Mills!) pancakes with fresh fruit and whipped cream and enjoy my family. Conference Bingo, anyone? Happy October! Hope you have a good one!!

No comments: