Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tired of being sick and sick of being tired.

This nasty bug that we've got is just not letting up. Jason is gone at work so I'm here alone with two sick little babies. And on top of that I'm sick too. None of us are sleeping. We are all congested and coughing our brains out. Each of us has had one day with body aches, chills, and fever. But after that one day it goes back to just being congestion and coughing and sore throat and headache. (Sore throat and headache are both because of all the coughing). Ugh.

I'm not a big medicine taker. Especially when I'm pregnant. But you can bet I called my doctor and found out what was safe to take. We've been downing what we can this week. I plan to call the doctor first thing tomorrow morning to get all three of us in. A week is way to long to be out of commission. I'm ready to be done. And I'm getting sick of my house. Which you can bet is a mess. I'm too tired to stop kids from destroying everything and none of us feels up to cleaning.

And of course Jason is gone, so that leaves no one to take care of us. :( No priesthood blessings, no one to make us meals, clean up after us, take our temperatures, pick up needed medicine and sick supplies (i.e., tissue, soup, Popsicles for our throats, etc.), and no one to hug us and make us feel better even when we're still feeling icky. I miss him. He's so good at that. I can feel the worst in the world, but having him here makes it okay.

Thanks heavens I'm not enduring morning sickness too! Can you imagine?! Ugh! I'd die! This is enough on it's own.

So we're eating gallons and gallons of canned soup and over-the-counter meds and watching Christmas movie after Christmas movie while we snuggle all three of our sick little (okay fine, mine's not quite so little) bodies together on the couch.

Anyway, could you include us in your prayers? We'd really like to get feeling better for the holidays. We had so many fun plans that we're missing out on. And I've got SO MUCH end of the year primary stuff that I'm dumping on my counselors. I feel AWFUL about it! And besides that, I'm just tired of feeling icky. I don't think I've been this sick in years! We'd really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thanks everyone! We love you and hope you're in good health and enjoying this holiday season the right way for us!!

13 comments:

The Brandt Clan Fam! said...

Each and every one of you will be in our prayers! I'm sorry you (all of you!) are so sick. I really wish I lived near so I could help out. What are your Christmas plans? Will you be staying there or coming to Utah? Hope you feel well soon!!!!

Hilary said...

Oh man, you are definitely in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear ya'll are feeling crummy! That is NOT fun! I will def keep you and your lil ones in my prayers. Sure hope you get feeling better real soon. And hopefully Jason will get home soon to take care of you guys.

Whenever you finish your sign, I would love to see it!! I'm sure yours will look SO much better than mine! seriously. Tell Jason in advance, I'm sorry for passing the crafting addiction off to you!! :) It really is addicting and that's the truth. I have to watch myself because I could craft for hours after lil man goes to sleep. poor davis. anyways, hope you get feeling better for the holidays!
best wishes,
Linda

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie!! You are totally in my prayers and also in my thoughts. When I struggle I sometimes wonder, "what would McKenna say to me if she were here." You rock! I understand not having your hubby with you at your time of need. Abete is in Pennsylvania right now and even though he 6 hours away for work usually, he feels so much further. I can't hop in the car and drive to see him. We are blessed to have good men in our lives. I don't know Jason, but I am sure his heart breaks to not be home with you at this time. This shall pass. But aren't you grateful for canned soup and modern medicine to ease our pain. I love ya! Wish I was closer to help you.

camille said...

I have to tell you that me and my baby have the same exact thing! I don't think i have been this sick in the longest time either. It will not go away! Yucky...i feel for you. When will this go away?!...i keep asking myself. I will keep you in my prayers, if you do the same for us:) deal? Anyways, feel better you guys!

Anonymous said...

You got it babe, I'm already on it :)

I really do hope you start feeling better. I know congestion is the worst and add to that coughing and sore throats, yuck.

Have you tried shower soothers?? they will help IMMENSELY with the congestion.

Wish there was more I could do.

Love you girl!

christiansen family said...

Hey congrats on being pregnant! I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to find out what you are having :)

r said...

That was me a couple weeks ago and it sucked! We'll be sending prayers your way, for sure. I hope you guys start feeling better soon! Take it easy!

Lindsay said...

Ok I know I am an aweful blogger and just got back on...but i leave for a few months and come back to find that you are preggers!!!! I know I am a little late but I am so happy for you!! What a blessing!
And sorry to hear that you have a nasty bug to boot. Hope you feel better soon and good luck with everything! Happy Holidays!!

Megan said...

Get well soon! And even though I SO appreciate your offer of switching places in our stages of pregnancy, I think I'm gonna have to pass. I just don't want to add a THIRD child to your world at this crazy time. I'm thinking only of you.

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

Oh I hope you feel better really soon. We will keep you in our prayers!!!!

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

PS. Congratulations on the pregnancy! We can't wait to find out if it is a girl or boy.
Also, if you get a chance, could you email me your address so we can send you a x-mas card. laurenfiala@hotmail.com

Mandi Roth said...

I hope your feeling better! Sorry we aren't closer i'd send Pat over to give you at least the blessing and i would come take care of you. :)Prayers are with you.