Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Am I Worth It?

I was reading the Book of Mormon this morning. We received a challenge from both our Bishop and our Stake President to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Well, I'm a tad behind and have some catching up to do. So I was doing LOTS of reading this morning. :)

Anyway, I happened to be reading in Mosiah. King Benjamin is speaking about how worthless we all are. How our Heavenly Father has given us EVERYTHING, including lending us breath for a time so we can live on His earth. He is speaking of how we should serve one another to repay our Heavenly Father in part for all He has given us.

But then he reminds us that even that isn't enough. Heavenly Father answers our prayers and blesses us for serving. So not only has he given us life and everything on the earth, but then he gives us even more blessings when we try to repay him. So we are never even. We are always indebted to Him.

For a moment I felt pretty worthless. And then the thought struck me that those feelings came directly from the adversary and no where else.

I was immediately reminded that I am NOT worthless. I may not be able to repay my Father in Heaven or my Savior for all they have given me. But to them I AM WORTH IT. Otherwise, why would they continue blessing me with all that I have?

I'm so grateful for that reminder this morning! That even with my millions and millions of imperfections and inadequacies, I am of significant worth to my Heavenly Father. Each of us are. Simply because we are His.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks McKenna! I really needed this...

Jason & Kelli West said...

Beautiful McKenna. You always seem to know how to say things. I LOVE reading what comes from your brilliant mind. Thank you for the wonderful insight. I hope and pray for you and your little baby. :)

Mandi Roth said...

LOVE this!!! you are worth it and so are we all! I needed this. Thanks girl. Miss you!