Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gratitude Day 6

Today I'm grateful for this one:

This girl is growing up so much faster than I ever would have thought. Now that she's in school all day and I don't get to spend as much time with her, I soak up my minutes with her. She's getting so smart!! She learns something every day.

I went to her first parent/teacher conference this week. Her teacher had nothing negative to say at all. Not one word. She is testing above average in every category. I don't say this because she's just a natural brain and I want to brag. But because she works hard! She studies the letters and sounds and practices everything she can. More often than not, her idea of "play" is writing and reading and learning.

She is also just good. She was given an award at school this week at a school assembly for being responsible. Apparently each quarter 3 kids from each class are given one of these awards. One is for responsibility, one for respect, and one for kindness. Payson has been a great helper to the other kids at school and is a wonderful friend to everyone. She doesn't care if someone is different. She loves them just the same and treats them as a friend.

She got another award at school for "demonstrating the ability to say no" which made me proud! I worry about my babies being out in the world and going along with the crown. But this girl knows how to stand up for what she believes in. She chooses the right no matter where she is or what someone else might think. THAT is something I am super proud of!

Payson's a great helper at home. To the point that sometimes I have to tell her to stop so that her brother will learn some responsibility too. :) She is a wonderful big sister and sensational daughter. We just can't get enough of her!

Oh! And one more brag: Last night during family scriptures Payson read an entire verse! She's READING! And not just little "the cat ran" type words. A scripture verse! She's such a little genius.

Every day I find myself thinking about how lucky I am to be her mother. She's taught me so many lessons over the last 5 (almost 6!) years. She has made me a better person in so many ways!! Oh how I love my girl!!

No comments: